Background, Aims & Objectives
Collaboratory is an innovation, technology and industry solutions hub specialising in Cyber Security, Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Collaboratory is co-funded by Enterprise Ireland through the European Regional Development Fund and is located within the Learning & Innovation Centre (LINC) at the TU Dublin Blanchardstown Campus.
The hub provides training and skills development programmes, technical facilities, R&D capabilities and consultancy services to start-ups, scale-ups, SMEs and MNCs in the Dublin Northwest region and nationwide.
Our objectives are to:
- To provide industry with structured and accredited training programmes, along with innovative, flexible, bespoke solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, IoT and AI. Our training programmes are:
- Designed to meet industry needs and requirements
- Developed in collaboration with academic and industry experts
- Up to date and in line with the current technology trends to ensure businesses have appropriate in-house skills
- To foster close collaboration between industry and TU Dublin.
- We facilitate industry access to academic experts and research facilities
- We assist enterprises with research and development, testing, prototyping and deployment of new cutting-edge technologies
- To provide industry with state-of-the-art technical facilities, which will include:
- An industry-scale training Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- An IoT campus-wide testbed of scale
- An 18-seat dedicated AI lab
These live testing and prototyping facilities will enable industry to increase innovation, productivity, and competitiveness through product development and investment in new technologies.
- To offer consultancy services and market development support to industry partners. We provide access to experts who:
- Can help your business to become cyber secure
- Identify innovative and potentially game changing openings within markets
- Assist with product development
- Improve your productivity through development and integration of AI and IoT in your business processes